How to take care of your new tattoo
After receiving your new tattoo, you will have to treat it as you would a fresh wound. Our recommendation is as follows:
- Keep the secondary skin (Tegaderm / Saniderm) on for at least 6 hours. After that, take a look at the tattoo, if it's blurry, take off the skin. If it's still clear, keep the skin on till the next morning. (Taking showers with the skin on is perfectly fine, as the skin is waterproof).
- Once you remove the skin, make sure to wash the tattoo with soap and water, and be careful to dry it gently (preferably by tapping it with a paper towel or a regular clean towel).
- Start applying the aftercare cream (either the one we supply you with or any other safe tattoo aftercare product) 3-4 times a day for at least 2 weeks.
- Sharing the cream is not recommended as it can cause cross-contamination.
- Keep the tattoo away from direct sunlight for the first 5 days.
- Swimming is not recommended, whether it is a sea, pool, ocean or etc. Showering is fine, even after the first day of receiving the tattoo.